Wednesday 7 May 2014

Day 41 - Back to ABC

I have a very bad nights sleep as I am continually troubled by my side and my mattress has completely exploded leaving me only a very thin section that I can sleep on - about a foot - that provides protection against the cold hard ground. It has been a pretty demanding 24 hours. 

Stove in our vestibule and morning view

Off for a morning stroll
 
Heading back down again

The descent back to ABC is a real joy - I make it down the headwall in about 20 mins and then back to camp in another 50 mins which is a very good time and not too much effort either. 

However, once back I have a bit of an issue with coughing and my side is really sore - I think I may well have cracked my ribs; something that will need very careful management from now on if I am to make a bid for the summit, let alone get to the top.  

The rest of the day is the usual resting and chatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment