Saturday 3 May 2014

Days 37 & 38 - ABC Rest Days

Pretty lazy days; reading, chatting, sleeping and getting ourselves organised for our next rotation up the mountain.
ABC after the storm on the way up - better conditions today

Another storm overnight leads to more snow and clouds

The cook tent

My itinerary to keep me on track for an oxygen less ascent is head up to the North Col (7,000mtrs) and stay the night, then head up to Camp 2 (7,600) and stay the night, then head up to Camp 3 (8,300) or so just to see what it is like in the Death Zone and how I cope, before coming back down to the North Col and then back to BC hopefully. There is the big BC party that night which it would be nice to be back for - but it is a long way to get back so we will see how I feel.

Last time I was up here I picked up a nasty cough. I thought that I had got rid of it back at BC but it seems to have returned. I am taking a lot of cough sweets but I fear that is only holding it at bay rather than actually getting rid of it, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment